The Business Team of SBR Law Group assists closely held businesses in a broad range of business transactions and other commercial matters. We serve as outside general counsel to help businesses achieve, perform, grow and reach their full potential. Our clients include corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other forms of entities across a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, biotechnology and life sciences, construction, finance, food and beverage, franchise, hospitality, packaging, and venture capital.
SBR Law Group’s Business Team believes that close and long-lasting client relationships build a better understanding of your business. That enhanced understanding gives us the opportunity to deliver superior legal advice that is practical and fits your business needs. In addition, the Business Team effectively utilizes the range of experience of other SBR Law Group attorneys, professionals and practices areas to provide a panel of expertise for your business.
Among other areas, the Business Team can assist you with:
- Day-to-day corporate legal advice
- Choice of entity and entity formation
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations
- Joint venture transactions
- Divestitures, spin offs, split-ups and liquidations
- Private-equity and venture capital transactions
- Creation and ongoing negotiation of important company forms and documents for employees, consultants, vendors, customers, resellers and other strategic partners
- Employment agreements, equity compensation plans (including stock option plans) and executive compensation
- Partnership and limited liability company agreements
- Issuance of equity and debt securities
- Leasing transactions
- Intellectual property licensing and disposition
- General commercial transactions and commercial contracts
- Corporate governance and director and officer liability issues
- Shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, ownership transitions and succession planning
- Loan and credit agreements
The Business Team of SBR Law Group takes an approach that differs from the big firms and focuses on accomplishing your legal needs through a unique combination of experience, practical thinking and cost-effectiveness. We provide one-on-one personal attention to clients at practical rates that allow us to act as your legal concierge, and, in doing so, offer an alternative to the big firms through the nimble approach of a boutique corporate practice group.